Sabinsa, the international ingredients company, has received notification that two additional patents have been granted.
The company’s Garcitrin® product is now protected by Japanese patent number 4205943 for “Bioavailable composition of natural and synthetic HCA.” The hydroxycitric acid (HCA) has been uniquely combined with garcinol, a polyisoprenylated benzophenone isolated from Garcinia cambogia and Garcinia indica fruits, the result is GarCitrin®. In GarCitrin®, garcinol enhances the biological action of HCA and also contributes antioxidant activity to the formulation. A 12-week, double blind clinical with over 40 patients statistically proved GarCitrin® is statistically more effective than HCA alone in:
- Reducing total body weight and body mass index
- Reducing body fat
- Increasing lean body mass
- Reducing levels of appetite perception
Garcitrin® is also protected by other international patents, U.S.A. 7,063,861; AU773081; EP1254209; NZ518116.
The Australian government granted Sabinsa’s cosmetic Curcumin ingredient – Tetrahydrocurcuminoids, patent number AU 2006235807, for the “Use of Tetrahydrocurcuminoids to regulate physiological and pathological events in the skin and mucosa.” This off-white Curcumin powder is ideal for cosmetic applications looking for superior antioxidant effectiveness.
The composition of tetrahydrocurcuminoids helps to:
- Support healthy aging of tissues through regulating random intracellular protein crosslinking
- Optimizing cell electric potential
- Increasing intracellular transglutaminase activity
- Reducing “age spots” due to lipofuscin formation